Gravity Conveyor made by Ultimation is among the simplest and most versatile types of conveyors. Use gravity conveyor for either temporary or permanent installations. Permanent floor supports or temporary tripod style stands are available. Rollers for gravity conveyor systems can range for 1-3/8″ diameter (1.4″) through 1.9″, 2.5″ and 3.5″ diameters for extreme duty applications. It’s easy to configure your own system and buy online. Or contact our staff and we will analyze your needs and configure it for you.
Gravity Conveyor Combinations manufactured by Ultimation
Gravity Conveyor is ordered by specifying each of these variables:
- Diameter of the rollers (standard diameters are 1.4″, 1.9″, 2.5″ and 3.5″)
- Frame style (generally powder coated steel; aluminum frames and rollers available on some models)
- Length of the conveyor
- Width of the conveyor
- Spacing of the rollers (generally from 2-1/4″ apart, 3″, 4-1/2″ or 6 apart)
- Straight or curve configuration
How to choose and configure the right gravity conveyor:
- Choose the gravity conveyor width you need based on the product dimensions. Allow 1″ each side. Consider wider widths or fixed or adjustable side guides (optional) if the product may move sideways on the conveyor as it moves
- Decide on the length you need. Lengths of 5′, 10′ and curves can easily be joined together to achieve the layout required.
- Check the load rating table which shows the load capacity of each roller
- Decide on support centers. Support must be provide either at 5′ or 10′ intervals for all loads.
- Review the tables showing maximum “live” (moving) loads per foot that the conveyor frame is suitable for. Remember to count the maximum number of products on the conveyor at once
- Make sure the product will move smoothly along the rollers and not get stuck between rollers. Choose the roller center distance (2-1/4″, 3″, 4-1/2″ or 6″ between rollers) so that the product is always gliding on at least 3 rollers at the same time (more if the product is uneven on the lower surface)
- See the “Downloads” tab on this page for a full catalog and more information
Our staff are happy to assist you in analyzing and configuring the gravity conveyor you need
Available options for gravity conveyor
- Stationary floor support legs. Click here to see the available range (opens link in a new tab).
- “Rollers set low” (see graphic). Standard configuration of these conveyors is “Rollers set high”
- Guide rails – Adjustable channel guide rails, fixed angle and channel guide rails
- See the “Downloads” tab on this page for catalogs and more information
Gravity Skatewheel Conveyor
Gravity Skatewheel conveyor systems are just like gravity roller conveyors, except the rollers are “skatewheel” style rollers mounted on axles. This helps convey items with a flat bottom smoothly. They are generally more economical that gravity roller conveyors, but can handle lower load. Gravity Skatewheel conveyor components are available with steel or aluminum frames in many lengths and widths.
Gravity Conveyor Safety
- Never stand on or near gravity conveyors
- Heavy loads may move quickly and continue to accelerate
- Be careful when creating systems where loads may create pinch points between the load and the rack or conveyor structure
- Contact Ultimation for more design considerations and engineering assistance on +1-586-771-1881