Enclosed Track Conveyor
Unibilt® Enclosed Track Conveyor Systems handle individual loads up to 250 lbs. (115 kg), making them an ideal for high-volume production runs or assembly operations. Unibilt® overhead conveyor systems range from simple material movers, to sophisticated computer-controlled material tracking, positioning and material management systems. Regardless of size or the scope of the System, these easily installed conveyors provide a number of advantages including:
Design Flexibility: Use of universal link chain makes shorter radius curves and closer spacing of curve tangents possible, accommodating even the tightest of spaces.
Improved Work Environments: Enclosed track conveyor design helps prevent external contamination from reaching the chain or track bearing surfaces. Inverted system option also helps to confine dust, grease, and other potential contaminants from getting on the load or carrier, helping to keep both the workplace and product clean.
Modular Construction: Patented nested end yoke track connections increase ease of installation and help minimize downtime in the event of layout modification.
Design Options: Unibilt® enclosed track overhead conveyor systems are designed to fit a variety additional applicatons including: overhead power & free systems, over-n-under systems, inverted power & free systems, and hand-pushed trolley installations
Load limits for Unibilt enclosed track conveyors
Unbilt track sytems should always be bolted or welded to appropriately sized steel support structures. Consult a civil engineer as required to calculate support steel requirements. Never bolt or attach Unibilt track to wood support structures.
The safe load limit of a Unibilt track and trolley system is dependent on 3 factors:
- Support steel load capacity
- Conveyor trolley load capacity. For Unibilt system, the maximum load for Unibilt trolley is 250 pounds per trolley. For higher loads, trolleys can be combined with a load bar
- Track load bearing capacity. This is dependent on the support centers that the track is attached by. For the Unbilit track system, these limits are:
- 471 pounds per linear foot when the track is supported on 5′ centers
- 273 pounds per linear foot when the track is supported on 6′ centers
- 115 pounds per linear foot when the track us supported on 8′ centers
- Do not exceed 8′ support centers
- The above values need to include weight of the track, weight of the trolley and any load bar, and the weight of the load carried