3 inch I-beam | 10′ Long | ASTM A36 Grade
- 10 foot section of 3 inch I-beam
- ASTM A36 grade material
A36 grade material is an intermediate tensile strength carbon steel. Used for simple conveyor tracks and push trolley systems with chain hoists. When used with Webb 500 pound beam trolley model 9792 the maximum load is 500 pounds. This beam section is ready to mount and can be located in place with welded or clamped attaching systems. Use Ultimation steel I-beam sections with Jervis Webb hand push I-beam conveyor trolleys to create simple conveyor systems. Order the Jervis Webb 9792 beam trolley here.
S3 x 5.7 I-Beam Dimensions and Finish
- 5.7 pounds per foot
- 3.00″ depth
- 2.33″ flange width
- 0.17″ web thickness at thinnest point
- Part #: S3-10
See the attached graphic for dimensions, material properties and chemical properties.
Conveyor Track Applications
This ASTM A36 grade structural steel is ideal for low volume manufacturing applications. For high volume production line systems, we recommend higher carbon Jervis Webb conveyor track. The higher carbon steel will resist any wear on the flanges even after millions of trolleys pass along it. Learn more about ASTM A36 steel directly from ASTM by clicking on this link.
Installation and Safety Considerations
Many authorities require all overhead steel installation to be designed and approved by a Registered Profession Engineer. Consult an engineer for assistance with your particular application. When used with Jervis Webb 9792 hand push I-beam trolley, this S3 x 5.7 beam can support a weight of 500 pounds when supported at 6 foot centers. When using longer spans, be sure to support the beam or track at closer centers or reduce the load. These beams can be clamped or welded in place as required.
Some notes on shipping costs before you buy
I-beams are big, heavy and expensive to ship! To help reduce shipping cost, Ultimation offers pre-cut beams in various lengths and sizes.
- Beams that are 6′ long and 8′ long can ship with parcel carriers like Fedex and UPS. These can be delivered to virtually every address in the United States. Minimize your shipping costs by getting the size you need
- Beams that are 10′ or 20′ long need to ship with freight services and can only ship to commercial addresses. Just because you run a business from an address does not mean that your address is considered a commercial address by the shipping companies. If in doubt, contact Ultimation at email@example.com or call us on 586-771-1881 and we can quickly check your address. If you order 10′ or 20′ long sections you will have minimum order quantities for the I-beams depending on the size and length. This is because in some cases the shipping cost for a single beam is high than the value of the beam.
- Beams that are 20′ long incur additional charges for shipping due to their oversize length. These fees are reflected in our prices, shipping cost and minimum order quantities for the 20′ long products
Need Another Size?
We stock, cut and ship I-beams and conveyor tracks of all sizes. Many of the popular sizes are sold online. Contact us at 586-771-1881 for special lengths.
Part Number: S3-10, MPN: UIS3-10, GTIN: 00818070022811