Gravity Conveyor Section
A gravity conveyor section includes the conveyor frame and rollers. Gravity conveyors are one of the most cost-effective and versatile product lines available. These conveyors are excellent for both permanent and temporary conveyor lines often found in warehouses, shipping departments and assembly areas. Gravity curves and spur options can add to the versatility of straight conveyors. Gravity roller conveyor can support heavier loads the skate wheel type, conveyors. Ultimation gravity conveyors are available in lengths of 5′, 8′, and 10′ and widths of 12″, 15″ 18″, 24″, 30″, 36″ and wider. Roller centers are 3″, 4-1/2″ or 6″ between rollers. Frames are steel or aluminum. Roller diameters are 1.5″, 1.9″, 2.5″ (heavy duty) or 3.5″ (extreme duty). Note that for shipping to residential addresses, loads over 8′ long require special shipping arrangements.
Please note: This product is becoming obsolete. Please contact us for availability. Limited quantities available.
Features and Dimensions
- 18″ Overall width (from outside of the frame to the outside of frame)
- 16″ between frames (i.e the widest product than can move along the conveyor)
- 8′ Overall length
- Galvanized 1.5″ diameter steel rollers
- Roller centers of 6″ between rollers. Frames are lasered to accept roller centers of 3″, 4-1/2″ additional rollers can be purchased here.
- Steel frame 2-1/2″ deep x 1″ flange x 12 ga. powder-coated steel
- Paint color: Ultimation blue (other colors available with a longer lead time)
- Total weight of this conveyor: 51 pounds
- Leg supports are sold separately
- Maximum load per roller: 50 pounds
- Maximum load per foot (without additional center supports): 75 pounds
How to Choose and Configure the Right Gravity Conveyor
- Choose the gravity conveyor width you need based on the product dimensions. Allow 1″ each side. consider wider widths or fixed or adjustable side guides (optional) if the product may move sideways on the conveyor as it moves
- Decide on the length you need. Lengths of 5′, 8′, 10′ and curves can easily be joined together to achieve the layout required.
- Check the load rating table which shows the load capacity of each roller
- Decide on support centers. Support must be provide either at 5′, 8′, or 10′ intervals for all loads.
- Review the tables showing maximum “live” (moving) loads per foot that the conveyor frame is suitable for — remember to count the maximum number of products on the conveyor at once
- Make sure the product will move smoothly along the rollers and not get stuck between rollers. Choose the roller center distance (1-1/2″, 3″, 4-1/2″ or 6″ between rollers) so that the product is always gliding on at least 3 rollers at the same time (more if the product is uneven on the lower surface)
- See the “Downloads” tab on this page for a full catalog and more information
Our staff are happy to assist you in analyzing the gravity conveyor you need
- Stationary floor support legs. Click here to see the available range (opens link in a new tab).
- Portable tripod supports
- Portable T-stand carriages
- Butt couplings
- Guide rails – Adjustable channel guide rails, fixed angle and channel guide rails
- See the “Downloads” tab on this page for catalogs and more information
- PT# URS14G18-6-8
Note: Some product images show other models and/or optional additional equipment such as leg supports which are sold separately. Check specifications of this model before ordering
Part Number: URS14G18-6-8, MPN: UIURS14G18-6-8, GTIN: 00818070020367