Conveyor Belt System – Horizontal Slider Belt Style Belt Conveyor System
Ultimation USBS100B series conveyor belt systems are the ideal method for simple automation and material handling projects.
Features and dimensions of this particular conveyor belt system Model # USBS100B-12-6:
- 16″ Overall width (from outside of frame to outside of frame)
- 12″ Moving conveyor belt width
- 6′ Overall length
- Made in USA
- Steel frame 4″ deep x 12 ga. powder coated steel
- Paint color: Ultimation blue (other colors available with longer lead time)
- End drive: located on discharge end of conveyor. Chain guard is on left hand side when standing at load end looking towards unload end
- Motor: 1/2 HP 230/460V – 3 phase – 60 Hz totally enclosed fan cooled, energy efficient
- Load capacity: Maximum load per linear foot is 75 pounds; do not exceed total load capacity shown in product load capacity chart
- Conveyor Belt material: Black Trackmate 120 EMB (Rubber belt conveyor style standard; other styles available)
- Drive pulley: 4″ diameter
- Tail pulley: 4″ diameter with take up (4″ adjustment)
- Belt speed: Constant Speed 65 FPM (Feet per Minute)
- Legs/Floor supports included (27 3/4″ to 39 3/4″)
Shipping lead time for this conveyor:
- Approximately 4 weeks after receipt of order
Optional equipment (not included):
- Electrical controls
- See the “Downloads” tab on this page for catalogs and more information
Note: Some product images show optional additional equipment which are sold separately
General Information on Conveyor Belt Systems
Belt Conveyor systems are the most versatile and simplest material handling systems. With a system of two or more pulleys driving an endless loop belt, a belt conveyor can smoothly and quickly move a product from Point A to Point B. Different belt finishes are available to suit specific product needs. Ultimation designs and builds belt conveyor systems from 5′ long to 102′ long and in widths from 6″ wide belts up to 72″ wide. Belt conveyor units are great for transporting regular and irregular shaped objects both light and heavy. Typical items transported on the belt conveyor include totes, packaged goods, bulk boxes and bundled items. Due to simplicity in design and construction, the belt conveyor installs quickly for a reduced installation time.
Use a conveyor belt when:
- Moving simple products from one location to another
- Moving products up or down inclines (check with our engineers on maximum angles for your product)
- Moving in either continuous or indexing modes (i.e. the belt stops and starts each time to move a product to the end of the belt using a sensor)
- Changing the speed is necessary. When fitted with a VFD (variable frequency drive), a belt conveyor is a simple conveyor to adjust the speed on
- Moving a product around curves. Belt conveyor curves maintain the proper product orientation while a product moves around the curve
Don’t use a conveyor belt if you need:
- Accumulating products (i.e. for a buffer). Belt conveyors can’t allow the products to nest up against each other (“accumulate”) without them pushing product off the belt. If you need accumulation, use a roller conveyor or overhead conveyor
- Products that won’t slide or roll off the belt. Belt conveyors require the part to ride on the belt without sliding. If you need the parts to be held while on the conveyor, consider a slat conveyor which can be fitted with tooling to hold the product in place as the conveyor moves along
- To use the conveyor as a working surface. Belt conveyors are made for transport, not for production operations on them. Use a slat conveyor or roller conveyor.
Different belt types
- General purpose
- Rough top – for extra grip on inclines, declines and products that might slide
- Higher chemical resistance – for best protection from chemicals
- High cut resistance – for rough or sharp items like sheet metal or bricks
- High temperature resistance
Call us. Our staff are ready to help.
- Ready to buy standard models? Click here to go to our online store. Same day shipping available on some models.
- Call us on 586-771-1881. Our staff will help you with the necessary calculations for load, speed and everything else you need.
- PT# UBSB100B-12-6