STEM College Students – Earn a scholarship!
Each year Ultimation Industries, LLC awards a scholarship to students enrolled in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) programs in accredited undergraduate and graduate programs. The scholarship is a merit based award of $1,500 per year for the most innovative idea in a material handling area selected each year by Ultimation Industries, LLC.
2023 Scholarship Focus Area – Conveyors for Vertical Farming
The 2023 scholarship will again be awarded to a student that can demonstrate innovative systems and ideas for the use of conveyors within vertical farming systems. As additional background, material handling systems for vertical farming applications generally follow either a vertical (also known as “hanging tower”) format or a horizontal (also known as “sliding”) format.
In the vertical “hanging” format systems, the agricultural products are grown in pods held within vertical hanging towers. The towers may reach up to 20′ tall, and generally hang from a motorized, power and free or hand push overhead conveyor.
In the horizontal “sliding” format systems, vegetables and other agricultural products are grown in trays ranging in size up to 5′ x 5′. The trays move in and out of vertical storage racks. Conveyors that move the storage racks are typically gravity roller conveyors, flowrail systems, and powered roller conveyors.
Submissions may be accepted in both written and graphic form.
- Scholarships are only awarded to students enrolled in accredited U.S. colleges or universities
- Students must be enrolled in and majoring in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Match) discipline
- Students must be high school graduates and may be asked to provide transcripts and proof of high school diploma
- Students must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents of the United States and may be asked to provide proof of residence
- The scholarship is only open to undergraduate and graduate students. High School students are not eligible
- Employees and children of employees of Ultimation Industries, LLC are not eligible to win
Deadline and Award Process
All entries must be received by December 15, 2023. Winners will be notified by January 11, 2024. The winners will be selected based on the quality of the submission in relation to the scholarship focus area. The panel selecting the winner is comprised of employees of Ultimation Industries, LLC. All materials submitted become the property of Ultimation Industries, LLC. Our committee reserves the right to verify the accuracy of any information received or obtained related to the applicant.
Are you located outside the USA?
Please do not submit an application. Unfortunately you will not be considered for this scholarship opportunity.