Expandable skate wheel conveyors expand to meet requirements and contract to save space when not in use. Flexible conveyors are commonly used at the end of another extendable conveyor system to connect to a truck or van, or shipping docks. Because they can be set up and moved by a single person, each truckload can have its own loading or unloading conveyor set up.
Their ability to expand and contract creates a simple solution for moving products with little effort, and more efficiently. The adjustable vary in height from 28″-40″ to achieve gravity flow and create angled curves. They also take up very little space at 2 feet in length when contracted. Expandable conveyors are a cost-affective solution for packaging, shipping, assembly, receiving that experience a high volume of cross-docking, unloading and loading, and 3PLs. Today’s warehouses need to be resourceful and adaptable. Ultimation’s lightweight portable expandable conveyor helps you create a temporary conveyor line right where you need it!
Features and Dimensions of this Model USWFlex-18-3
- 18″ overall width (from outside of frame to outside of frame)
- 18″ between frames (i.e. the widest product that can move along the conveyor)
- 2 feet length when contracted
- 8 feet length when extended
- 5″ caster with brake and non-brake
- Adjustable legs for roller height of 28″-40″ powder coated in black
- Can hold 55 pounds per linear foot
- Total weight capacity at one time: 440 pounds
- 7 wheels per axle
- Retractable stop bar at the end of the conveyor can stop packages sliding off
- Weight of conveyor: 123 pounds excluding packaging
What Types of Expandable Conveyors Are There?
Our expandable conveyors are compact when not in use to save room and expand to fit your needs. Expandable skate wheel conveyors handle more light duty objects, whereas flexible roller conveyors handle more medium duty products. The self-tracking skate wheels provide smooth movement for multiple package types. Create a curve to make a custom path. They’re great for odd shaped items like bags or low grade cartons. Choose rollers for irregular based products or skates for smooth based products.
When To Use An Expandable Conveyor
Understanding these conveyor systems will help you determine not only how to use them but when. Flexible conveyors are a much less expensive investment that can be set up quickly during high volume months. At times, seasonal businesses may need to increase their production lines that they normally wouldn’t need. These compact and portable conveyors could be a better solution for your company, rather than a permanent conveying system that would take up space you need. With a compressing width of 18″ and length of 2 feet, they take up very little space when not in use. Store them under pallet racks or just about anywhere. The casters allow them to be rolled around easily and stored away without having to use a forklift.
The ability to move these flexible conveyors around only as needed and quickly form lines, allows you to repurpose your workspace. Spending less time physically moving packages in and out of trucks will increase productivity and enhance safety at the workplace.
How to Use An Expandable Conveyor
- For a one person operation, use the standard folding end stop. This end stop folds up for use to stop objects at the end of the conveyor to prevent them from falling off. When not in use, fold the end stop out of the way.
- Adjust the height of the legs by removing the knob on each leg, raising the legs to your preferred height, and locking them in by tightening the knob. Create the incline you need to move your product efficiently.
- Load your items on one end of the extended conveyor and let the conveyor do the moving for you.
- Link more than one flexible conveyor together to meet the overall length you need.
- Curve the conveyors to create the exact path you need. This is beneficial for long distances that may have obstacles along the way or a very specific route to move your product. Flexible conveyors can also go from multiple trucks to your main conveyor to make unloading more efficient.
- Lock your casters in place once you have your path set.
- This portable system allows you to accomplish your goals and tasks faster and safely in a cost-effective way. You will find flexible conveyors in use in many warehouse situations. Shipping docks are one of the most popular locations for them. Because they can be set up and moved by one person, each truckload can have its own loading or unloading conveyor set up!
Why Choose Expandable Conveyors?
This expandable skate wheel conveyor requires minimal space, is very portable, and it can curve to avoid obstacles in your work space. The end legs have locking brakes, and there is a convenient box-stop, as well as hook couplers to connect as many conveyors as you’d like. They’re fantastic for moving products from one truck to another. Whether you are loading or unloading vehicles or have an assembly, you’ll find many uses. Use a single conveyor in the shipping area for two or more dock doors.
The ability to roll and curve your flexible conveyor makes any task easier. Bend one end to be closer to your warehouse racks, and bend the other end to be next to a van or truck for loading. It’s fast to set up and easy to use. Packages, cartons, and totes roll smoothly down the conveyor. They follow the path of the curve without falling off. This self-tracking feature keeps your loads on the conveyor and avoids costly damage. Not only does the flexible expandable conveyor have many physical benefits, it’s also an inexpensive alternative, and will improve your shipping and receiving department overall.
How Do Expandable Conveyors Work?
The expandable flexible conveyors is a very versatile unit that can expand up to four times the collapsed length. When not in use, fold them up and put them away. Their large legs and smooth rolling casters make it easy for a single person to move. Each set of legs have an adjustable height, and the two leg sets at each end also have brakes on the casters. Once your expandable conveyor is in place, you can adjust the height. Packages will slide nicely down the conveyor. Use them for multiple packages of different sizes and weights.
Expandable Conveyor System Design
The telescoping legs allow height changes from 28 – 40 inches. Each leg set has a sturdy, easy to use locking knob to maintain the height. Set the decline angle exactly how you need it for fast loading and unloading. When not in use, it takes up very little room, at 3′ in length. It has a weight capacity of 56 per foot. There are 7 skate wheels per axle, the legs are powder coated steel blue, and the roller frame is made of galvanized heavy-duty steel. The swivel casters make for easy portability and it’s overall weight is 156 pounds. The expandable conveyor system is designed to provide an efficient way for you to move your products quickly and safely. With an 18” width, it can hold many different package or material types.
Extendable Lengths Available
Two lengths are available, allowing a longer assembly line to streamline your productivity. Purchase multiple flexible conveyors to link together and meet your exact length needed. Bridge the gap between your loading dock and stocking area in your warehouse. These flexible conveyors allow you to control the length as far as needed into your trailer for loading or from your trailer to another conveyor for unloading.
Part Number: USWFlex-18-3, MPN: UIUSWFlex-18-3, GTIN: 00818070021463