Pallet Conveyor | 2 strands | 36″ centers | Variable Speed
The UDC60-2 2-strand drag chain conveyor is designed to convey large loads such as pallets from point A to point B. The 2-strand chain is a continuous loop driven by a common drive shaft. These conveyors are sometimes known as pallet conveyors or drag chain conveyors.
Chain Conveyor Model UDC60-2 features:
- Each strand of chain is a continuous loop of heavy-duty chain driven by a common driveshaft
- 6″ deep x 4 ga. formed steel angle with 2″ x 1/4″ square support tube
- Coupling channels located at infeed and discharge ends for module
- Powder-coated Ultimation blue, all guards safety yellow
- Sealed, pre-lubricated, self-aligning, ball bearings
- UHMW polyethylene chain guide
- Includes standard variable speed controller 380/460V 60HZ NEMA 1 enclosure assembly mounted and wired with 10′ of cord (Rockwell / Allen Bradley)
- 1 1/2 HP inverter capable (4:1) Boston motor with Boston reducer for 30 FPM maximum speed and 8FPM minimum speed. Other nominal speeds are available.
- Hardened 60B15 sprockets with 1 3/8 in. dia. steel shaft
- Heavy Duty C60 conveyor chain
- Maximum Unit Load Capacity 3,000 pounds (see the chart for detail on total conveyor load limit by length)
- Steel cover plates between rails
- Floor supports – (3) H-Style legs for 22″ +/- 1″ adjustment top of the chain. One support is required at every bed joint and ends of conveyor. Holes in feet are provided for lagging to floor. Other heights are available.
- Base Length – 12′-0″ ft.
- Overall Frame Width – 37 7/8″
- Weight – 479 lbs (conveyor) plus support legs. Shipping weight 650 pounds
- Part # UDC60-2
Other sizes and models of pallet conveyors available:
- UDC-60 series is available with 2 strands or 3 strands
- UDC-80 series uses extreme duty C80 chain with 2Hp motor
- Shortest overall length is 7 feet; lengths up to 102 feet available
- Narrowest width is 18″ strand centers (19-7/8″ overall width). UDC-60 maximum width is 48″ with 2 strands and 100″ with 3 strands (wider widths available with a longer lead time)
- See examples of other types of chain conveyor here
What should you use a chain conveyor for?
- Moving heavy products from one location to another. Chain conveyors are very simple and exceptionally durable
- Moving product through high-temperature zones (e.g. ovens) where other conveyor types may not be suitable
- Moving in either continuous or indexing modes (i.e. the chain stops and starts each time to move a product to the end of the chain using a sensor)
- When changing the speed is necessary. When fitted with a VFD (variable frequency drive), a chain conveyor is a simple conveyor to adjust the speed on
Don’t use a pallet conveyor if you need:
- Accumulating products (i.e. for a buffer). Chain conveyors generally don’t allow the products to nest up against each other (“accumulate”) without them pushing the product off the chain or sideways across the chain. If you need accumulation, use a roller conveyor or power and free overhead conveyor
- Products that won’t slide or roll off the chain. Chain conveyors require the part to ride on the chain without sliding. If you need the parts to be held while on the conveyor, consider a slat conveyor. A slat conveyor can be fitted with tooling to hold the product in place as the conveyor moves along. Also, some chain conveyors can be fitted with pins to hold skids or other part location devices
- Chain conveyors aren’t suited for products with soft or uneven surfaces on the bottom
- To use the conveyor as a working surface. Pallet conveyors are typically made for transport, not for production operations on them. Use a slat conveyor or roller conveyor. If using a chain conveyor as a working surface, be sure to consider the safety implications and guarding necessary to prevent injuries.
- Moving products up or down inclines. Products may slide easily on the chains
- Moving a product around curves. Use a 90-degree transfer to move products from one chain conveyor line to another
Note: Some product images show optional additional equipment which is sold separately