College STEM students have until Dec. 15, 2022, to submit ideas on how to use conveyors in vertical farming applications for a chance to earn a $1,500 scholarship from Ultimation Industries.
The scholarship links two things the team at Ultimation is passionate about – STEM education and vertical farming.
As a leader in conveyor technologies and automation, we understand the need to support today’s students who will be leading tomorrow’s work in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
As a key supplier of vertical farming conveyors, we see the potential in this rapidly growing business sector. Our technologies are already helping large-scale facilities across the United States and the Middle East achieve their potential. These vertical farms are growing food more efficiently, without pesticides, during longer growing seasons and, often, in urban areas.
Last year’s scholarship winner was Jonathan Wright, a computer engineering student at Utah State University. Jonathan shares the Ultimation team’s enthusiasm for vertical farming. His idea uses a gravity-driven system and robotics that revolves around separate towers that can move independently of each other in response to the changing needs of the plants.
What you need to know to submit your idea:
- Scholarships are only awarded to students enrolled in accredited U.S. colleges or universities.
- You must major in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline.
- Students must be high school graduates.
- Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- The scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate students. High school students are not eligible.
- Employees and children of employees of Ultimation Industries, LLC are not eligible.
- The deadline for submissions is December 15, 2022.
You can find complete guidelines, detailed eligibility rules and the online form to submit your idea at Ultimation STEM Scholarship: STEM College Scholarship – 2022 | Ultimation Industries LLC (ultimationinc.com)