10′ Enclosed Track w/ End Yokes |Unibilt 20200W
Unibilt enclosed track with pre-welded end yokes uses the range of Unibilt components to create light to medium duty conveyor applications. Systems can be hand push (manual), simple motorized circuits or “power and free” systems where the trolleys can engage and disengage from a moving chain. Ideally suited to finishing facility conveyors, the Unibilt chain system can withstand maximum temperatures up to 450º F with proper lubrication.
Webb part number 20200 is for 10′ long track sections without welded yokes. Dimensions of the track are shown in the graphics on this page.
Note: Webb Unibilt enclosed track is made exclusively by Webb to suit the Unibilt chain system.
When to use yokes on Unibilt conveyor track systems
- When attaching two sections of track together, yokes can be welded to the track ends, allowing one section of track to be bolted to another. These Unibilt tracks with yokes mounted at each end are sold in ‘ready to hang’ condition. They are pre-painted to match the track color, and can be purchased here in 5′, 6′ and 8′, 10′ and 20′ lengths. By purchasing track according to the distance required for support centers, a fully-bolted connection for the tracks can be achieved.
- Civil engineers often prefer fully-bolted track connections rather than welded connections as the yokes are pre-welded to the track by certified welders in a more controlled production quality ISO 9001 environment
- When mounting Unibilt track to overhead support structures, additional yokes are used to achieve the necessary support centers required to safely support the track. These yokes may be purchased loose, and then welded to the track at appropriate support center distances. Additional yokes (unpainted) can be purchased here
Yoke Specifications and mounting hardware
- Material: 8 Ga, 3/16″ thick
- (4) Main connection points: 13/32″ Note: Use these connection points to bolt track sections together
- (4) Additional connection points: 17/32″ Note: Use these connection points to hang the track from overhead support structure and add sway bracing if required
- Recommended fasteners for track to track connections (13/32″ holes):
- 3/8-16NC HHCS x 1-1/4″ Long (Grade 5 or equivalent structural fasteners)
- 3/8 LOCKWASHER
- 3/8-16 HEX NUT
- Recommended fasteners for hanging track (17/32″ holes):
- 1/2-13NC HHCS x 1-3/4″ Long (A325 or equivalent structural fasteners)
- 1/22-13 FLAT WASHER GR #8 (F436)
- 1/2-13 ANCO LOCK NUT (This type of nut has a safety locking feature)
Load Limits for Unibilt Enclosed Track Conveyors
Unibilt track systems should always be bolted or welded to appropriately sized steel support structures. Consult a civil engineer as required to calculate support steel requirements. Never bolt or attach Unibilt track to wood support structures.
The safe load limit of a Unibilt track and trolley system is dependent on 3 factors:
- Support steel load capacity
- Conveyor trolley load capacity. For Unibilt system, the maximum load for Unibilt trolley is 250 pounds per trolley. For higher loads, trolleys can be combined with a load bar
- Track load bearing capacity. This is dependent on the support centers that the track is attached by. For the Unbilt track system, these limits are:
- 471 pounds per linear foot when the track is supported on 5′ centers
- 273 pounds per linear foot when the track is supported on 6′ centers
- 115 pounds per linear foot when the track is supported on 8′ centers
- Do not exceed 8′ support centers
- The above values need to include weight of the track, weight of the trolley and any load bar, and the weight of the load carried
See more Jervis Webb Unibilt conveyor components here.